Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Happy women's day!

Kshitija , a dynamic young woman. Throughout her school years, she was a bright student. She was an all-rounder, studies, sports, music she had got it all. Her teachers use to guide her how she should plan her career. She was considerate to their opinions and planned everything well. Fortunately, her parents were supportive of her career and always motivated her to do more.  She got into one of the best engineering colleges in the country and completed the degree with flying colors. She had three different job offers by the end of engineering but still, she chose to go for management studies. There too she was an outstanding performer. After two years of immense hard work and lot of achievements, she earned what she always wanted. A great job with one of the leading financial firms in the world. She continued to be a great performer at her workplace. She achieved more than many of the people who joined at the same position before her. She loved her career with whole her heart. It was everything to her.

As the Indian culture works soon after she completed her higher studies and was of marriageable age marriage proposals started coming in. Kshitijas parents already had promised her that they will not force anything until she was ready. As an extrovert, she had many friends but she was not involved in any romantic relationship as she was always busy doing the things that were important to her. And so the question of love marriage was out of the question. Career was always her first priority and she was sure that it will continue to be so. When her parents seriously asked her about marriage and if she was ready, she asked for a weeks time. She was doubtful if she can give justice to the relation and to the family. After a lot of convincing by friends, parents, and relatives she gave the nod to the groom searching. She was beautiful, talented working girl. There was rarely any chance of anyone rejecting her. She met a number of boys, she rejected some because she thought they will not be considerate of her career. She rejected some NRI proposals because she didn't want to leave the job at any cost.  

Until one day she met the man of her dreams. They hit the first date off. They were compatible with each other. He knew how much she loves her career and promised that he will never let her sacrifice it for anything. She was considerate of his choices too. Parents were happy. It was perfect. They got married. She was managing everything well, career, family. She was still a rockstar at what she was doing. They had twins couple years after their marriage. That was the only time she took some time off from work. After the kids turned a year she found a nanny for the kids and started going back to work. 

After working for a month, one fine day she resigned and took a decision of not working for a few years. Everybody was in awe of how this happened. Nobody expected this from her, not even her husband. He confronted her about her decision.

He,"You know how big this decision is right?Do you have any other plans? Like a business or something?"

She," I know how big this decision is. My entire life I was working to make this possible. I made this possible.I remember each day when I was going closer to my dream and how happy I was. I loved the journey I really did. I still love the company, the people, the job and I know I will achieve more if I keep working but you know what, it's not what I want anymore. I do have other plans. I was watching our kids last night while they were sleeping and I thought they are too little to be left without their mother. I do not want their childhood to be like this. I want to be a good mother to them. They are my responsibility."

He, "They are our responsibility. We will manage something you don't have to sacrifice your career.

(Interrupting)

She, " No no, you did not hear me. I have other plans. This is not a sacrifice. This is a decision. This is MY CHOICE."


and with that, she proved why the world celebrates women's day!







No comments:

Post a Comment